How the Bank invests
The Bank seeks to invest widely and diversely in projects that align with the missions and approaches every opportunity on an individual basis, so that the financing offered is tailored to the needs of the individual business or project seeking support.
The Bank invests in businesses and projects connected to Scotland, or businesses seeking to move to Scotland.
Typically the Bank will invest in businesses and projects seeking more than £1m in investment support (debt or equity).
Ready to make an enquiry?
If you would like to enquire about potential investment, please email the team with the following information:
- Which of the Bank's missions your business or project supports
- The amount of investment you are looking for, and whether this is equity or debt
- A summary of the opportunity, ideally including:
- Background: overview of the business or project
- Market Potential: overview of the market and competitive landscape
- Management: background and experience of key management team
- Financials: summary of historic and projected financial performance
- Investment: current capital structure, investment opportunity and proposed involvement of the Bank
Any investments will be assessed rigorously by the investment team and must deliver both commercial returns and mission impact returns that support at least one of the missions.
What the Bank cannot provide
The Bank does not provide grants and is unable to offer investment on sub-commercial terms.
Other sources of public finance, including grants
The Bank works closely with the development agencies across Scotland to support businesses and projects.
Find out more about the funding and support available:
Other sources of public sector support
For media enquiries, please see the Media Centre.