As a responsible investor we invest to achieve positive environmental, social and economic benefits in line with the Bank’s missions. Additionally, as a responsible investor we also aim to “do no harm” in our investments and this Ethical Investment Policy sets out how we integrate Environmental Social and Governance (“ESG”) requirements in our investments to underpin our commitments as a responsible investor. The Policy is regularly updated to reflect lessons learnt, as well as emerging good practice.
1. Provides overarching context on what it aims to achieve
2. Describes our ESG requirements
3. Summarises how we promote and support better ESG and impact practices
4. Provides a description of how the Policy is applied over the life cycle of an investment
5. Outlines a set of excluded activities for which our capital cannot be used
6. Provides an overview of Policy Governance and Oversight